DO YOU EVER WAKE UP FEELING SO DEPRESSED? TOO TIRED TO GET UP FROM YOUR BED, YOU PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND IT FEELS LIKE THE WHOLE WORLD HAS MOVED ON WITHOUT YOU. YOU FEEL LIKE YOU’RE A NO GOOD. A FALIURE AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PICK YOURSELF UP FROM THIS DARK HOLE. WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT? WALLOW IN SELF PITY? OR SEEK HELP?
LET ME SHARE MY WAYS OF DEALING WITH SADNESS
- I GET ON MY KNEES AND PRAY TO GOD: This may sound unrealistic to unbelievers but that’s why faith is defined in the bible Hebrews 11:1 as “the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. When I channel my spirituality and pour my heavy heart out to God, it makes the weight feel lighter. I feel HOPEFUL, knowing that I have casted my burdens unto the all powerful supreme being, believing that HE will make everything alright in due time.
- TAKE A WALK: There is something very therapeutic about taking a walk and catching a fresh breath of air. It helps to clear our minds.
- LISTEN TO SOOTHING MUSIC: The effects of good music can not be over emphasized. Music has a way of healing a broken heart. Music lifts up our minds and souls. Music is an easy get away from our sad realities. Like an elixir to our broken souls, music lifts my low spirits and puts me in a dancing mood. I find myself dancing away all my sorrows.
- BE A LITTLE BIT SELFISH: If you are used to taking care of everyone else while neglecting yourself, maybe it’s time for you to be a little more selfish and take care of yourself. Listen, you can not pour from an empty cup. If you feel drained, it is okay to take a break. Everyone will be okay, with or without you. When people die, the world never stops. Take care of yourself
- SEEK MEDICAL HELP: Last but not the least, in order to be sure that your are not falling into severe depression, seek professional help.